If your flooring could talk, what stories would it tell? Your family home’s flooring is the foundation for impromptu dance parties in the living room, the pitter-pat of paws scampering across the kitchen and children’s toy cars racing down the hallway. With Americans spending more time inside and working from home more than ever before, it’s no surprise that many of us are taking a closer look at our interiors. That remodel you’ve been dreaming about? This is the perfect year to refresh your rooms — and the best designs start from the ground up.
Are you a business owner? Your brand new office may be close to greeting the footsteps of its first client, or your long-running business floor may have been walked upon by hundreds of customers each week for decades. You understand the power of a well-designed work area. The right flooring sets the tone for inspiration, effortlessly guides customers through a commercial space.
If you’re looking for the latest home and business flooring trends, you’ve come to the right place! We’ve got the inside scoop to on-trend flooring options that are all the rage now and will continue to look great for years to come.
Discover the most popular flooring for 2021-2022 to find a perfect fresh start for your space.
Types of Flooring to Consider
While carpet is still a desirable option for bedrooms, hard surfaces like wood, tile, stone and vinyl are the top picks for flooring right now. Additionally, hard flooring throughout the home cuts down on allergens and is the best return on investment (ROI) option among flooring choices.
Due to considerable advances in technology, we now have numerous updated house flooring options to choose from. To inspire your design ideas and help you decide, check out the benefits of two of the latest flooring styles on the market — engineered wood and luxury vinyl tile (LVT).
Engineered Wood: A New Trend
Engineered wood flooring is an up-and-coming flooring trend for 2022. What’s the difference between traditional hardwood and engineered wood? Unlike solid wood planks, engineered hardwood flooring is constructed out of multiple layers of wood with a protected top layer.
This manufactured wood product does not expand and contract as much as solid wood, so it’s safe to lay in environments with fluctuating temperature and humidity levels, like bathrooms and kitchens, which can damage solid wood floors. Engineered wood can also be resanded and refinished during its lifetime to bring the floor back to life and remove surface stains or scratches.
Due to its innovative design, engineered flooring offers the following advantages:
- Easy to install
- Stable and long-lasting
- Resistant to humidity and moisture
- Realistic looking with a solid wood floor appearance
Available in traditional, contemporary, global-inspired, and rustic styles, there’s an engineered wood floor for every space. Check out these trending wood floor colors:
- Light and natural tones: Bring an ethereal Scandinavian mood to your home with our wide-plank Lazio, spa-like Utopia or uniquely patterned City Island Herringbone engineered wood floors.
- Dark, dramatic tones: For a high-contrast look, pair dark floors with on-trend white walls. Our wide plank Alto flooring offers an elegant look, and the multitone Milan is perfect for a rustic farmhouse feel.
- Cool gray blends: Steadily rising in popularity over the past few years, cool gray is the hip neutral cousin to traditional warm tones. South Village brings a touch of the city to your floor with its uniform gray planks, and our Annadale flooring is perfect for a rustic modern vibe.
We also offer a wide variety of hardwood options, including genuine reclaimed wood floors — which, unlike most options out there, are actual reclaimed boards from the sides of barns.
LVT: A New Luxurious Trend
What’s new in flooring? When it comes to current flooring trends, all eyes are on luxury vinyl tile, or LVT. There’s a reason you’ve heard about LVT on your favorite interior design shows — this innovative surface is a significant upgrade from your grandmother’s vinyl floors.
Luxury vinyl tile is a stylish alternative to real stone or wood flooring. This photorealistic flooring option is as durable as it is beautiful. Its strength is found in its multi-layered construction:
- Stabilizing tile backing
- Durable vinyl core
- Decorative print film layer
- Clear protective wear layer
- Polyurethane top coating
LVT’s resilience and versatility make it a superior flooring choice for businesses and high-traffic households. Luxury vinyl tile is a go-to favorite for numerous reasons, including:
- Durability: Due to the design, LVT is much more durable than solid flooring.
- Structural strength: Durable layers create a high-performance surface.
- Maintenance: LVT is easier to clean and maintain than natural wood, tile or stone due to its scratch, stain and scuff resistance.
- Moisture resistance: It can be installed in areas with high humidity levels, like kitchens and bathrooms.
- Affordability: Budget-friendly LVT offers a similar look to ceramic tile or hardwood flooring at a lower price.
In addition to light, dark and gray wood-look flooring, LVT is the go-to choice for these 2021 flooring trends:
- Planks in a pattern: For wood-look floors, wide-plank, herringbone and chevron arrangements are having a moment.
- Rustic textures: Authentic, time-worn textures and perfectly imperfect details are in right now. Add character with hand-scraped and distressed-look LVT.
- Decorative pattern tiles: Timeless black-and-white, hand-painted Moroccan and warm Mediterranean-colored ceramic-look tiles add a pop of personality.
Our Three-Step Process
Not sure where to begin with choosing your floor? We’ve got you covered! At our full-service custom flooring center, our design experts will work with you to select the best flooring for your home or business.
Creative Floors takes the guesswork out of finding the right flooring solution for your space with our simple three-step process.
- Design: We invite you to visit our organized showroom to work with the design team, or we can meet you remotely so you can review and visualize floor finishes in person.
- Decide: We’ll introduce current trends, discuss ideas, review color schemes and textures, refine the design direction and pull the project together.
- Make it happen: After we’ve come up with a final design and you’ve accepted the bid, our full-time installation managers and professional installers will visit your space to complete the job and ensure that every step is done right. With our 100% satisfaction guarantee, you’ll have peace of mind knowing we fully stand behind our products and service.
Can’t visit our showroom in person? No problem! We ship samples of our flooring nationwide so you can view textures and colors in your space to narrow down the options.
Ready for New Floors?
Feeling inspired by the latest trends in flooring for 2022? Creative Floors serves home and business owners throughout Vail, Edwards and Denver. Our team of professionals will handle everything from inspiration to custom design to installation for a truly stress-free experience.
Whether you’re looking for a home refresh or a commercial space update, Creative Floors is here to help you design, decide and make it happen! Our team takes care of everything so you can sit back, relax and enjoy the beautiful new space you deserve.
Ready for the floor of your dreams? Contact our team or visit in-store today!